Why Choose Professional Hardwood Floor Installation?
Hardwood’s a beautiful flooring choice for a home or office. It’s durable andcomplements almost any interior design look.
While it might sound easy to install hardwood flooring, it’s much easier said than done. This home improvement project’s a science and an art that requires specific knowledge and experience.
That’s why it’s essential to hire professional hardwood floor installers when you invest in new hardwood flooring for your home or office. Your professional installers will guarantee a clean, beautiful result that lasts for years.
Your professional hardwood floor installerswill draw on training and years of experience when making dozens of important decisions. For example, how should the flooring be secured—nailed, stapled, glued with adhesive or floated?And what size nails and staples are best? If adhesive, what kind of trowel is best? Trust your investment to professional installers, who will know the right answer at every step.
Securing the wood flooring is only one of many steps. Here are 6 benefits of hiring a professional for your hardwood floor installation.
1. Acclimate the New Wood. Your installers will acclimate your new flooring to your home. This involves opening all the cases to expose the hardwood to the air. Acclimation allows the wood to expand and shrink as it adjusts to its new environment. This has to happen before installation. Your professional installers will also stage the wood in the room where it will be installed as it acclimates.
2. Prepare the Area. Your installers will explain how to prepare for your hardwood installation project. This can includesteps like moving furniture out of the installation areas and ensuring the house is climate controlled, with humidity at 45%-65%. Moldings and baseboards will also need to be removed temporarily to make room for the new flooring.
If you have children, pets or valuables, be sure they’re kept away from hazardous work areas and tools. It’s also a good idea to ventilate the work areas, especially if anyone in your family has allergies or other sensitivities.
3. Make Room for the New. Your old flooring has to make room for your new hardwood flooring. Your professional installers will advise you on whether to install directly over the old floor or remove and replace it. If removal’s best, they’ll help you determine when to remove the flooring and how to dispose of it. Proper carpet removal requires specific steps, like leaving tacks in place but removing the staples.
4. Subfloor. If old flooring’s removed, your installers will prepare the subfloor to take the new hardwood (or install a new subfloor).
5. Door Clearance. Your hardwood flooring specialist will assess your doors for clearance over the new floors. In some cases, they’ll need to be removed temporarily, and possibly shaved, to clear your new floor.
6. Cleanup. Once your new hardwood floors are in place, your professional installers will collect and remove the waste and clean the installation areas.
You’ll want to be home during the installation to answer any questions your professional hardwood flooring installers have for you. That will ensure that the finished product is exactly what you want.
Before your installation team leaves, they’ll invite you to walk through your new installation. This is anopportunity for you to ask questions, point out needed changes and give your final approval of their work.
Professional hardwood floor installation’s an important investment in your home.